The Strait and Narrow

The Strait and Narrow

The Strait and Narrow bar is a slice of the continent located in Lincoln’s Cultural Quarter. The self-professed ‘Belgium Beer Bar with a historical English twist’ is a recent addition to the city but has proved to be a hit with punters.

The bare brick walls, eclectic collection of beer signs, bookshelves and wall mounted antlers gives this bar a funky yet vintage feel that only serves to set you in a relaxed frame of mind.

The choice of drinks behind the bar are a little daunting to say the least as we found out there are about 150 different beers and 98 cocktails alone, never mind the spirits, wines… The list seems endless.

My drinking buddy decided to play it safe and settled on a raspberry mojito which, although it is a typical cocktail, had a Strait and Narrow twist as it was served in their signature cut class tumblers – a nice touch we thought.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I on the other hand pushed the boat out and ordered a, wait for it, sea salt and maple syrup Old Fashioned, served with 17 year old Hibiki Whiskey. I like an Old Fashioned but this slightly strange twist had me intrigued and I am pleased to report that it might possibly be the nicest drink I’ve ever had. The combination of sweet and sour pleased my taste buds no end and the kick of whiskey brought my senses alive.

These drinks were not cheap which meant that as much as we wanted to, this was not a place that we could stay all night. However it was definitely worth it thanks to the amazing buzzing atmosphere that comes with visiting a popular place on a Saturday night, the stunning drinks and the friendly staff.

Our only negative to this visit was that there wasn’t any live entertainment on. The regular music sets are according to some regulars we got talking to, the highlight of nightlife in Lincoln and something that is not to be missed. Now that’s an offer we can’t resist…

Strait and Narrow
29-31 The Strait
Lincoln, LN2 1JD
01522 589598

Opening times:
Monday: 16:00 – 00:00
Tuesday – Saturday: 12:00 – 02:00
Sunday: 12:00 – 00:00

Visit the website